Simple chilli recipe for tortilla chips, that provides 3-4 servings.
- Two 400g cans of chopped tomatoes
- 500g beef or pork mince
- 500g other meat (bacon offcuts, beef chunks)
- Olive oil
- Sugar to taste
- 1tsp Chili flakes
- 1tsp Ground coriander
- 1tsp Ground smoked paprika
- 2tsp Ground cumin
- 1 beef stock cube
- 400g can of kidney beans
- Prepare the other meat, for example by frying the bacon offcuts or searing the beef chunks.
- Finely chop or grate the garlic and onions. Fry the garlic, onions, and chili flakes together in a small amount of olive oil.
- Add the mince and cook through. Add the other meat.
- Add all spices and crumble in the beef stock cube. Add kidney beans and cook through.
- Blend one can of tomatoes and add it to the pan. Add the other can without blending.
- Simmer for as long as desired (at least 30 minutes). Taste and add sugar as necessary to counteract the tartness.