Simple recipe with only one difficult-to-find ingredient.
- Natural yogurt
- Whole chicken
- Pitta breads
- Black pepper
- Olive oil
- Acidity (lemon or vinegar)
- Cucumber (optional)
- Place the chicken on a backing tray and coat in oil, salt, and black pepper. Place into an oven at 170C for around 80 minutes, until it is cooked through.
- Mix some tablespoons of yogurt with a teaspoon of tahini, a clove of garlic (grated), a generous amount of salt, and a small amount of vinegar or lemon juice. Taste and adjust.
- Slice the pittas into small squares.
- Remove and allow the chicken to cool. Tip off excessive fat, leaving some to bake the pitta in. Place pitta on baking tray and toss in salt and fat. Place into oven at 150C for around 20 minutes, flipping after 10 minutes, until crunchy.
- Pull the chicken apart by hand.
- Place pitta into a bowl, place shredded chicken on top, and cover in yogurt sauce.
- Chop the cucumber into small pieces for garnish.